follow me on Twitter

    What am I looking for?

    I am of the opinion that bitter people look back at their lives and seek, or obsess over, mistakes they made or wrongs done to them. I think it would be really easy to become a bitter person. The only real prerequisite is that you have something to be angry about... and made age. Its hard to imagine a bitter 5 year old.

    One of my self realized "flaws" is that I tend to start projects and finish them only to about 1/2 or 3/4 of the way. With age, and some maturity, I have the sense to stop projects that are beyond my skill. But part of me wonders, is that just an excuse?

    I can see a link in my childhood, many moves required me to stop what I was doing... pack... move, unpack.. make new friends. Basically, start it all over again. What that "it" was, was always different. Maybe by going back to all of the old houses, I can see other patterns and make connects to where I am now.

    I recall seeing an HBO show, Band of Brothers. Its about one company of men in WWII. I recall one of the soliders saying: "It came to a point where you didn't want to learn the replacements names. You'd just get to know them, and then they'd get killed". I kinda felt that about friends in my area, I didn't need to get to know them... we were moving out soon anyway.

    So here is the big question... how many houses. As I was writing this post I realized I had forgotten two... so now I'm at 43 houses. I'm not counting places where I lived for a week... or vacations. These are all places I moved to thinking I was going to stay for years.

    I'll post the list soon.

    More to come...

    Mac

    0 comments:

    Blogger Templates by Blog Forum