follow me on Twitter

    Professional movers - the drawback (1)

    Mostly I've moved by myself or with a few friends help. A few times I've had the money, or a company paid for it, to hire professional movers. They also pack which really helps a lot. Its also a little odd to come in after they've packed and see my entire life in brown boxes.

    The first time I used professionals was when I moved from Santa Clara to Santa Barbara. They called the night before and said they'd arrive about 10. They actually arrived at 8am. I was completely asleep and lucky for them and me, I had on my pj's. I had my clothes in the bathroom and I told them to not pack that room.

    After about an hour of packing, them not me, I realized I had moved my clothes into the bathroom but not my shoes. I was wearing only my thin slippers. When I asked one of the movers where the shoes were he said, grinning, "In a brown box". Of course, ALL of the boxes were brown boxes. and by this point, there were many brown boxes and I wasn't about to unpack them to find my shoes.

    A friend of mine came by to watch the great packing and I enlisted him to give me a ride to a shoe store so I could buy some cheapo tennis shoes. I bought a pair for 9 dollars, and I ended up wearing them as my most comfortable shoes for two years until they finally fell apart. I miss those shoes.

    I learned the hard way, always know where your shoes are.

    Mac

    0 comments:

    Blogger Templates by Blog Forum