follow me on Twitter

    Next steps

    I think I have everything I need... sleeping bag, tent, stove, dog and all of her stuff, camera both movie and still. Currently the plan is to leave on May 2nd for two weeks of driving madness. I've driven with the dog before so its not a big issue.  She does a lot of typical dog things, wants to go potty (on grass only) 5 minutes after we start on the road, never has enough water and ALWAYS wants a lil bit of whatever I'm snacking on.

    TripTiks are an amazingly helpful tool

    I suppose the best thing to do is to go to AAA and get my TripTik.  If you've never driven a great distance with these, you're missing out.  As a AAA member I can go into any office and give them a list of destinations, all 43 if I like, and they hand me a the a neartly put together itimized map showing my exact route.  Its bound together so I can flip from page to page.

    I'll start in San Francisco, and work my way down the coast.  Then head to Texas, North Carolina, Indiana, Michigan and then Wisconsin. The final leg goes through Salt Lake city and then back home to San Francisco.  There really isn't a reason to not do it the exact opposite direction, but ending the long trip in Salt Lake City means that Nevada is only an hour away...

    I'm certain about one thing, this sure will be interesting...

    Mac

    0 comments:

    Blogger Templates by Blog Forum