follow me on Twitter

    Locals

    Yesterday I had the good fortune to spend the day in my sisters booth at the Menlo Park Art Festival. As I was driving to her booth I drove past where I got married the first time. Its a small church not far from the freeway.  I didn't drive past it, just within a block or two, but it made me think a minute.  As important at these houses were to me, how less important are the other buildings in my life?  Or are they the same as buildings I lived in?

    Is a school less important than the apartment house we lived in? I think that given the opportunity, I'll visit some old schools and use the rule of thumb: "If I can remember some 40 years later, its worth visiting if I'm in the area"

    I think I can associate a school, or two, with almost every house I grew up in. That makes them life changing places in my opinion.

    This blog asks how many houses have you lived in, and I think now it could also ask, how many schools... churches, club houses etc. have changed your life? Or your life changed within their walls.

    Mac

    0 comments:

    Blogger Templates by Blog Forum