follow me on Twitter

    Professional movers - the drawback (2)

    The other draw back is actually more common... assuming you move as often as I do. Movers are amazing packers. They can look at a space in a box and know exactly what item goes there, even if its 5 rooms away. With the correct items, a box that is packed tightly protects the items inside from any damage.

    The problem is more in the unpacking. When I open a box, I see shoes, (now I know WHICH brown box), a lamp and some stuff I don't need. So I take out the shoes and lamp, leaving the stuff I don't need right then to later unpacking. Its a correct assumption that they're safer inside the box than on the floor, while they wait to be placed somewhere in the house.

    So if I never need those items, they'll stay in that box until I move again. The problem comes up WHEN I do move again. These packers don't like to use the boxes that I have so they just tape them up 1/2 full. Their new packed boxes they write "CP" on the side to indicate that these are Company Packed.

    As time goes by and several moves of these 1/2 filled boxes, the number of boxes grows along with the fact that now even more obscure items are packed together. After a couple of these moves, its amazing to see the sheer number of boxes. Knowing that most are only 1/2 full is some solace but not much.

    The only real solution is to unpack everything... something that I'm not looking forward to. So now, when someone asks how stuff I have I struggle with an answer. I have a one bedroom place, but enough boxes for a house but weight wise its different...

    Im envious of those with just the right amount of boxes for their stuff.

    Mac

    0 comments:

    Blogger Templates by Blog Forum